Visit www.APAeducation.org to review the entire course catalog and to register for online courses.
Earn up to 6 CME Credits for physicians and 6 CE credits for non-physicians $199 (APA members) $249 (non-members) $99 (for APA Members-in-Training)
Course Description: The most authoritative online course on the DSM-5 presented by the DSM-5 Task Force chair and vice-chair, Drs. David J. Kupfer and Darrel A. Regier, and supplemented by presentations from chairs or members of the 13 DSM-5 Work Groups, who provide explanations regarding changes in their respective diagnostic classes and offer specific guidance about implementation in clinical care and research.
Practice Guideline Courses
Earn up to 8 CME credits per course
APA members: $50 / Non-members: $100 Each course contains general and specific treatment recommendations for a specific disorder, with resources for further study and a CME quiz. Courses are available in:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Suicidal Behaviors
- Acute Stress Disorder and PTSD
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Substance Use Disorders
Earn up to 20 CME credits
APA members: Free / Non-members: $399 PIP modules are guided practice improvement programs created for psychiatrists, and are approved by ABPN for MOC Part 4. Modules follow a three-stage Performance Improvement CME structure that takes place within a 24 month period. Available and in production PIP Modules:
- Physician Assessment Module for the Screening of Adults with Substance Use Disorder (SUD)-Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Tool for the Assessment and Treatment of Adults with SUD- Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Tool for the Assessment and Treatment of Adults at Risk for Suicide and Suicide-Related Behaviors- Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Tool for the Care of Patients with a Diagnosis of Schizophrenia- Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Toolfor the Care of Patients with Major Depressive Disorder- Available Now
APA Meetings On Demand
A comprehensive digital library featuring the best symposia and lectures from the Annual Meeting and Institute on Psychiatric Services in synchronized audio and slide format, with CME credit-eligible sessions and the opportunity for ongoing learning opportunities.
Earn up to 8 CME credits
APA members: $100 / Non-members: $200 / APA member Residents: Free This course is designed for physicians to complete the training requirement for CSAT certification to prescribe buprenorphine in office-based treatment of opiate dependent patients as established by the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000.
Professionalism and the Internet
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
$19 (APA members), $39 (non-members)
Earn up to 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
APA members: Free / Non-members: $50 Learn how to use CPT codes for general medical evaluation and management of patients.
Earn up to 1.5 CME credits
APA members: $25 / Non-members: $30 / APA memberResidents:Free An introductory course on how to critically appraise the scientific literature.
- My Transcript: Record and store your CME credits in one easy-to-access location.
- Three-Year Certificate (Members Only): To receive a three-year certificate, complete a total of 150 hours of CME activities within a 3-year period. At least 90 hours must be in Category 1 Credit™. The remaining 60 hours may be in either Category 1 Credit™ or Category 2 Credit™.