Learn about various aspects of treating tobacco use disorders, including clinical, training, and policy considerations. As new topics emerge, more resources and information will be added to this page. The resources cover topics from the APA Work Group on Tobacco Use Disorders with the Council on Addiction Psychiatry, training, practice/clinical, reimbursement and legal issues from leading psychiatrists.
- APA Position Statements related to tobacco use disorders
- APA Practice Guideline on Substance Use Disorders (Contains a section on nicotine dependence)
The APA designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
The APA designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Providers Clinical Support System (PCSS) Trainings
American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry designates this performance improvement activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The APA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 (one) AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Free Trainings and Manuals from Additional Organizations
Online Resources for Clinicians in Practice
Online Resources to Share with Patients and Families
Other Notable Organizations
- Smoking Cessation Leadership Center
- Smoking Cessation Leadership Center – Tobacco-Free Toolkit for Community Health Facilities
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors
- Center of Excellence for Integrated Health Solutions
- Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence (ATTUD)
- Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence (ATTUD) - Billing, Coding and Practice Issues
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD)-10 Codes Tobacco/Nicotine Dependance, and Secondhand Smoke Exposure
- American Cancer Society – How to Quit Smoking or Smokeless Tobacco
- American Heart Association - Vaping/Quit Smoking/Tobacco
- American Lung Association - How to Quit Smoking
- National Cancer Institute - Tobacco