Psychiatrists residing outside the United States and Canada can become an International Member of the APA. As an International Member, you become part of a psychiatric membership organization with more than 38,800 psychiatrists in over 100 countries. International members gain access to multiple opportunities to enhance their professional growth as part of a global community of psychiatric physicians at the forefront of advancements in psychiatry and medicine.
Individuals from countries against which the United States Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control has issued comprehensive sanctions (including Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and the Crimea Region of Ukraine) are eligible to receive information and informational materials only, as allowed by the exemptions within the relevant OFAC sanctions programs. For questions, please contact [email protected].
Benefits and Services
Publications & Journals
- Free online subscriptions to American Journal of Psychiatry and Psychiatric News, with articles on cutting-edge research and updating you on developments throughout the field ($327 value).
- Discounted subscription to Psychiatric Services, APA's monthly journal focusing on the delivery of behavioral health services in organized systems ($24 value).
- A 20% discount on over 700 books and special member pricing for journals and subscriptions through APA Publishing.
- Member discounted rate to DSM-5 eBook and 300 other titles to build your professional library.
- Access to FREE online educational modules to advance clinical and professional competencies. Earn continuing medical education (CME) credits and continued professional development (CPD) credits (over $500 value).
- Try the APA Learning Center free with the Members’ Course of the Month. Each month members have free access to an on-demand CME course on a popular topic.
Save on registration to the APA Annual Meeting, the largest psychiatric meeting, and The Mental Health Services Conference (formerly IPS).
- Access to the online international and US membership directory.
- Privileged access to "members only" content on the APA website.
- Online career search and recruitment through APA JobCentral.
- Subscriptions to online newsletters: Psychiatric News Update and Integrated Care Newsletter.
- Networking and professional development opportunities through APA's social media presence on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and through special APA listservs.
- Strong advocacy on the international level on issues affecting patients and psychiatrists around the world.
APA Dues Rates for International Members
As a new international member your first year APA dues are discounted by 25% and based on the income group category of your country of residence as defined by the World Bank.
Dues Amount per World Bank Income Group
|World Bank Income Group||Renewing Member Dues||New Member Dues|
|Low Income||$53.00 USD||$40.00 USD|
|Lower Middle Income||$138.00 USD||$104.00 USD|
|Upper Middle Income||$191.00 USD||$143.00 USD|
|High Income||$223.00 USD||$167.00 USD|