Safety Considerations for New Orleans
The safety of anyone attending our Annual Meeting and the New Orleans community is our priority. To this end, we’re planning to follow industry-wide standards, as well as the stricter of any recommendations and requirements from federal and state & local authorities. APA also reserves the right to require additional precautions prior to and during the in-person event. More details will be posted soon, but please be aware of and prepare now for the following precautions:
- Vaccine requirement: All APA staff, in-person attendees & exhibitors must provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved or authorized by the WHO or FDA.
- Self-assessments: Everyone who attends our meeting is expected to do a simple self-assessment for COVID symptoms every day, and if they experience symptoms, they should not attend.
- The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center has achieved GBAC STAR™ accreditation through the Global BioRisk Advisory Council, a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association. The program certifies that the facility is implementing the industry’s highest standards of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention for infectious agents such as COVID-19 and is the leading standard of prepared facilities.
- Hand sanitizers will be widely available throughout the convention center.
- APA will have disposable masks available upon request. Inquire with the Meetings Office in Room 254, Second Floor.
Vaccination Verification with ShareMy.Health
Save time in line! Verify before the meeting with ShareMy.Health.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has engaged ShareMy.Health, a HIPAA compliant platform, to allow attendees to provide verification of COVID-19 vaccination status in advance of the Annual Meeting. All attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend the Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
You can use ShareMy.Health to provide proof of vaccination showing the final dose received on or before May 7, 2022. There is no cost for any attendee to use ShareMy.Health for this event.
If you do not use ShareMy.Health to verify your vaccination status in advance, you must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in person at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans before being allowed entrance to the Annual Meeting.