Board-Approved APA-Managed Campaign Activities for 2022-2024 Elections (2-year pilot):
The Board-approved APA-Managed Campaign Activities are as follows:
- Virtual Meet-the-Candidate Townhalls held during the campaigning period.
- These one-hour live sessions will be open to all APA members.
- Sessions will be recorded and posted on the APA election website for viewing by members who are unable to attend.
- A Special Edition APA Election Newsletter of candidates' platforms emailed to all voting members.
- Psychiatric News with names and photos of candidates and election details published in December issue.
- Individual candidate page on the APA election website serving as a centralized location for all election and candidate-related information.
Candidates may not participate in campaign activities other than the above.
Click here to review newly approved APA Election Guidelines in detail. Highlights include the following:
- Campaign emails, phone calls, and letters to members are not permitted.
- Use of any and all APA listservs, including the Member-to-Member listserv, for campaigning is not permitted.
- Endorsement by organizations is not permitted. Candidates may submit a list of individual endorsements to be included as part of their information posted on the APA election website.
- Sanctions for violations are included in the new guidelines.
If you have any questions, contact the APA Election Office at [email protected].